Marriage Ceremonies in Scotland - Legal Requirements


As well as booking a place, date and time for your ceremony.  You should be aware that whether you intend to have a civil marriage ceremony solemnised by a registrar or a religious/belief ceremony solemnised by an approved celebrant, you must, by law, submit marriage notice forms with the associated documents and pay the statutory fee to the registrar in whose district you intend to be married.

Further information can be found at the National Record Office.

Print | Sitemap
© Bryan Begg